[WriteLog] Fwd: Ron Stailey K5DJ - Silent Key

To: Writelog Forum <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fwd: Ron Stailey K5DJ - Silent Key
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 22:49:46 +0000
There would be no WriteLog today if Ron, who was AB5KD at the time, had
not offered back in 1995 or thereabouts, to take over and manage
WriteLog sales. I remember him better by the phonetics of his previous
call, Killer Duck.

The only operating plaque in my possession was also due to Ron and from
1997. It was #1 in the World-Wide RTTY WPX contest as WU3V/5 at W5WMU
(RIP Pat, as well) along with K5DJ, WSJI, WU3V, W5WMU, K5JZ, K5ET N5SYF,
and K7WM. My job was to keep the WriteLog network up at all the
operating positions (were there 5 or 6 of them?) and call CQ on 10m.

RIP Ron.

Wayne, W5XD