Re: [WriteLog] Winkey+ORSTP not working

To: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Winkey+ORSTP not working
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 19:24:05 -0400
Alan

I may be wrong but I believe mictoham uses a completely different protocol
that is proprietary. The ORSTP is an open protocol developed by one of the
radio clubs either Yankee Clipper or FRC which is really supported by only
1 device which is still available in some kind of kit.

The simulator to the best of my knowledge works by creating a virtual keuer
under the open protocol and when I have used it I am listening to the
soundcard of the computer not of the real hardware you would use during a
contest.

Hope this helps. I have only used it a couple times as it messes with my
usual setup and when I try it on a laptop I have there is a strange issue
where the USB headphones I use are incompatible with the audio files
generated and I then have to use a virtual audio cable to effectively
convert the generated file format to the (lower quality) used by my older
logitek USB headphones.

The key point here is that the simulator does not utilise the real physical
hardware attached to the station and will recognise the rig tuning to allow
you to tune using the rigs but it can just as easily be used without rigs.

Regards...Dean 8P2K

Sent from my BLU Vivo XL