Re: [WriteLog] WL Spots question

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL Spots question
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 08:44:01 -0600
Jamie, nice to work you in Sweepstakes phone, your recorded voice system works very well.

A do not operate assisted often but a long time ago I tried this category during a CQWW contest from Aruba. The internet connection was sketchy and I wound up spending more time re-connecting than it was worth. Then I learned about VE7CC's software which reconnects and never had an issue when using it.

GL,

John KK9A - W4AAA, P40A, etc.

Jamie Dupree NS3T wrote:

I don't use spots very often, so maybe there is a simple answer to this question.
I don't send out spots.  I just receive them.
During CQWW CW, I kept getting disconnected from various Telnet Skimmer connections. It would happen sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour or a couple of hours. My conservative estimate is it happened at least 30 times. This wasn't an internet issue on my end as far as I could tell. When the spots stopped, I was using the same internet on the shack computer to look up various Telnet connection information. Is there some kind of instruction that I need to give, or box that I need to check to keep that from happening inside WL?
Thanks.
73 Jamie NS3T