[Yaesu] Info about FT900

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Info about FT900
From: dgmaley@inav.net (Dave Maley)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:58:13 +0000

Yes; the FT-890 and 900 use just about the same RF boards.  The
difference is the user interface.  Yeasu had good luck with the '890
so it looks like they decided to expand on a good thing.  The Collins
filter gives the radio a different sound.  What you are NOT hearing
are noise pulses ringing in a cystal filter.  The odd way of turning
off the display is noted here too.  I suspecet it's how the CPU
catches the front panel CPU during the scan cycle.  Looks to be a
nice radio.  Hope you are enjoying it.   David.  WA0ZZG
AR