[Yaesu] FT-900 Info

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-900 Info
From: lucien@austin.metrowerks.com (Lucien Stavenhagen)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 13:35:06 -0600
Hi All,
I've been reading these shocking threads about intermod in the FT-1000 =
and was wondering if anyone came up with a similar reproduceable =
scenario for the FT-900. As far as I can tell, my FT-900 doesn't seem to =
suffer from this, although I havn't had the chance to test for this =
extensively.=20
Another question (although I guess I should direct this to my dealer): =
the installation of IF filters in the FT-900 involves that odious =
disassembly and soldering - what a mess! Does going in and doing this =
myself void the warranty? I could probably do it myself, but don't want =
to touch it if this is the case (it's almost brand new).
Finally, anyone know of any outstanding bugs/fixes for this rig? Not =
sure how old mine is - still looking for the date-of-manufacture sticker =
8-).

Thanks,
Lucien S.
KF5XR