[Yaesu] swr kickback on MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] swr kickback on MP
From: ke7gh@primenet.com (Brian Short)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 18:01:46 -0000
I use an FT-1000mp with an AL-1200 and have not encountered this problem.

I thought something like that was going on one time, until I remembered how I
had set the ALC in the amplifier.  Adjusting or disconnecting ALC have any
effect?

Seems ALC is almost unnecessary for this combination since it would be difficult
to overdrive the AL-1200 with an FT-1000mp, but I operate CW and RTTY.

I am interested in other comments, if any.  ke7gh@primenet.com