[Yaesu] FT990 EPROM changes

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT990 EPROM changes
From: andrew@gi0nwg.demon.co.uk (Andrew Williamson)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 20:17:22 +0000
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if the EPROM upgrade (from v1.20 to 1.30) for an
FT990 is still carried out for free in the U.S.A.   I believe they only
have to be sent the relevant plug-in circuit board.

Yaesu U.K. told me they will do this upgrade, but I will have to pay and
it is rather expensive.  As my FT990 was originally bought at Dayton a
few years ago, I was wondering if Yaesu U.S.A. would still support this
rig and do the upgrade for free.  If they would, I would be more than
happy to ship them the PCB.

Any info would be appreciated.

73's

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI