[Yaesu] RE: Serial Numbers on FT1000MP

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RE: Serial Numbers on FT1000MP
From: kg8qt@ix21.ix.netcom.com (Martin G. Mendelson III)
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 07:28:03 -0500
Someone posted a message about the serial numbers just recently the jist
I got made sense until I checked my serial no. It went something like
the first digit was the year the second letter was the month the next
two or three numbers are a lot number and so on. The number diplayed was
something like 5J.......

My quwestion is this;

The J for the month of October made sense as J is the tenth letter of
the alphabet.

What does my serial no signify? Serial No. 5N........ where N is the
fourteenth letter of the alphabet and  there are only 12 months in a
year?

Am I dense or what?

Marty N8MG

--