[Yaesu] Re: 1000mp computer control

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: 1000mp computer control
From: ke7gh@primenet.com (Brian K. Short KE7GH)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:44:16 +0000
At 10:08 2/21/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I am looking for some software that will allow me to cotrol my 1000mp
>from my computer.  Also is it available from internet ?
>
>Tnxs  K5UY ...

Personally, I find "computer control" programs of little use.

What I do find useful are programs written for some set of purposes
and that include control of the radio.  For example:
  TRLog, CT, etc (for contesting)
  LogWindows, DX4WIN, etc (for DX-ing/packet cluster, logging)

It may be most appropriate to look for a program for the application
that you desire (logging maybe) and then check to see if the 1000mp
is (yet) supported.

Perhaps someone else on the Yaesu reflector can answer which programs
support the FT-1000mp, so I have forwarded this message there.

Personally, I use TRLog, WF1B RTTY, and LogWindows with my FT-1000mp.

I am not aware of a "computer control" program for the FT-1000mp that
provides an interface to ALL of the suppported software commands?

YMMV, Brian ke7gh@primenet.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html