[Yaesu] FT-1000D CAT Interface?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D CAT Interface?
From: knappsm@cin.net (Steve Knapp)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 01:32:20 -0600
At 8:29 PM 3/1/97, Alan K. Adamson wrote:
>Anyone point me at a "cheap" version of this?  I own one for the 1000, but
>also have a 736 and need to make it computer controlled and don't want to
>spend a ton to do that.  Any help would be appreciated.

Maxim makes a chip called the MAX233, it's a one chip solution to the TTL
to RS232 level conversion problems. There is also a version (MAX232) that
needs a few external caps.

Piece one of those chips together with a power supply, cables, and the
right connectors (one for Icom and one for Yaesu if you wish), put it all
in a little box, you're all set.

FYI: Maxim loves to send samples! Can't get much cheaper than that!

-----
Steven M. Knapp
knappsm@cin.net
"What's on *your* PowerBook?"