[Yaesu] radio upgrade

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] radio upgrade
From: scotty@iquest.com (Scotty Neustadter)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 17:14:53 -0600
Samuel C. Macy (by way of Brian K. Short KE7GH ) wrote:

> I have a FT-1000MP. Early model, purchased approx 2 years ago.
>
> I understand there is an upgrade available that is to the RF power control.
> I would like to know what is
> involved if you do this upgrade(cost, shipping, etc).
>
> I would liker to know if there is a web-site that shows prices, models, etc,
> like a sort of catalogue.
>
> thank you
>
> sam macy - sammac@interaccess.com
> w2dnn (former kg9am)
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html
> Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com
I purchased the first FT 1000MP sold inthe US. My local dealer did the
RF power mod at no charge. It takes longer to take the cabinet off the
rig then do the mod. Highly reocmmend it, especially if your amp needs
less than 100 watts to drive it.

--
Scotty Neustadter, W4WW           scotty@iquest.com or w4ww@nadxc.org
SE USA Pilot VK0IR Expedition     http://www.nadxc.org

             "Hold the screwdriver by the fat yellow end"

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html