[Yaesu] FT-1000MP repaired

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP repaired
From: monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com (monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com)
Date: 27 Mar 1997 02:17:28 EST
Just got my 'MP back from Yaesu under warranty repair.  It had been
locking up in transmit while the EDSP was activated and was not going
into receive after un-keying.  Had one note from another MP owner who
had a similar problem.  Yaesu replaced the DSP unit and I got the radio
back within 2 weeks after their receiving it in Calif.  Limited testing
(read: couple hours) has not shown the problem, so hope all is well.
Anyone else running into a similar problem with their DSP is welcome to
use my name, call, experience, etc. in any correspondance with Yaesu.
I'm impressed with their service and willingness to find and fix the
problem.  Much better than a previous experience with Kenwood TS-450.
Wally / KT1M

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html