[Yaesu] FT-990? Reply to: cooker2@epo.gov.on.ca

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990? Reply to: cooker2@epo.gov.on.ca
From: ke7gh@primenet.com (Brian K. Short KE7GH)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 21:53:18 +0000
net mail address:  cooker2@epo.gov.on.ca

Greetings.  I have a 4-year-old Yaesu FT-990 which I purchased new.
 Recently I have begun to get reports of a hum or buzz on my signal.  I
have monitored it myself and notice it is there on SSB and AM when I key
the mic.

 I do not hear it when I transmit using MOX with mic disconnected, which
would suggest something amiss in the audio portion of the transmitter.
 (I have tried a different mic but the problem remains.)  It becomes more
pronounced when I turn on the processor.  I run it barefoot with no
amplifier.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and what is required to fix
it?  Other than this, the rig performs excellently.

Sure hope someone can help.

Many thanks. 73.
Bob VE3BDB

net mail address:  cooker2@epo.gov.on.ca