[Yaesu] Yaesu Web Site

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu Web Site
From: k8js@juno.com (John P Skubick)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 15:53:05 -0400
On Fri, 4 Jul 1997 13:14:54 -0500 (CDT) Randy Wing <rwing@southwind.net>
writes:

>I bought my FT-840 second hand, but nearly new...  Why would you want
>this to be the case - warranty cards only?
>
>Randy
>KB0YHU

This could drag on and on for weeks about the pros & cons of this.
It's like buying a used car.  No manufacturer's warranty.
They might consider doing this for public relations in the hope that
next time "we" buy a new rig of their's someday.

Don't get me wrong, there is NOTHING bad or immoral about buying
used Ham rigs.  Over the many years, I have mostly done just this
for both my HF and VHF rigs, as well as many of the Ham peripherals
such as TNC's & antenna tuners.

Recently I did "spring" for a new FT-1000MP.
Wow, what a rig!  Yaesu did it again, eh guys?

73.  --John, K8JS