[Yaesu] FT-1000MP and DVS-2

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP and DVS-2
From: w4ea@contesting.com (Dan Nixon)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:10:18 -0400
Bob Thacker wrote:

> Just got my second DVS-2. Both units seem to overdrive the MP, almost
> like the ALC doesnt work. It crackles and distorts on voice peaks. The
>
> MD100A8X does no such thing, nor does the stock mike. Anyone have
> similar experiences? A call to Yaesu technical department mentioned
> that
> there could be a problem in the interface inside the MP.

I have the same problem with my MP. I can't get my DVS-2 to do anything
but overdrive the audio. No one yet has a solid solution for the
problem. Someone did tell me that if they used a small hand mike into
the DVS to do the recording, they felt it worked better. I've given up
using it.

Dan, W4EA

w4ea@contesting.com