[Yaesu] Rig Identification in "Lost World"

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Rig Identification in "Lost World"
From: ki0dz@juno.com (Mary-Frances R. Bartels)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 22:21:17 MST
I thought I might tap into the great minds that comprise this group.
This afternoon I saw "The Lost World" ("Jurassic Park" sequel).  In one
scene one of the main characters dusts off an old transceiver and
transmits a "CQ" to get assistance.  Was just wondering if the actual rig
used for filming was an amateur radio or what.  It was very dusty so I
could not make out a brand or model number.  I do know that Yaesu rigs
have been popular in movies lately with "That Darn Cat" first coming to
mind.

Just a curiousity...
                                                      Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels                         (((#)))     ^     ^
Amateur Radio Callsign: KI0DZ  DM79lt Denver, CO   |         ^ - ^
***Let ME scan your photos and documents!***    -------      (o o)
Ind. Rep. of Watkins products #92389            |ooOoo|    >{  |  }<
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz                        -------           RRR)*