[Yaesu] wanted source for FT 5100 PA

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] wanted source for FT 5100 PA
From: wb2hmf@amsat.org (John S. Hirth)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:50:35 -0400
You may want to try RF PARTS in San Marcos, CA.
800-737-2787  (800-RF-PARTS).  Their latest catalog
shows the SAV24 for $79.95 (+ship).  I got a new PA
module for my (other brand) mobile rig recently and
I'm very happy with their service.  You'll have your
part in 2 days.

By the way, my (other brand) mobile rig also had no
heat sink compound on the PA Amp modules.  Now it sure
does, and you can feel the heat sink start to get warm
much sooner than it did before.  This shows that the heat
is being pulled out of the module more effectively.  Don't
use TOO MUCH heat sink compound, though.  Besides the mess
when it squeezes out as you tighten the module back in place,
there's a chance of putting undue stress on the steel backing
plate of the module from trapped compound.  This may cause the
ceramic substrate in the module to crack when it heats up.

73 and Good Luck,
John WB2HMF
wb2hmf@amsat.org