[Yaesu] Ten Tec owners who hate Yaesu and all Japaneseradios!

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Ten Tec owners who hate Yaesu and all Japaneseradios!
From: k5rov@worldnet.att.net (Jim Parsons)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 00:21:06 -0500
Well, I have been a Yaesu owner for years. I own the FT-1000, FT-890 and
have owned more pieces of Yaesu equipment than I want to mention here.

Yaesu is good equipment, but it is not great equipment in my opinion. I
have also owned top of the line Kenwood, and also Icom. I can say the same
thing about them. And, I have found my faults with Ten-Tec. All these
manufacturers have put out good products and some bad products. And, how we
like a piece of equipment can be very subjective. To each his own.

For my part, I do not care for the FT-1000. I found the old TS-940s a far
better rig, minus some of the bells and whistles. I also found the old
Yaesu FT-980, and the FT-1 to be great rigs (my opinion).

I don't fault Ten-Tec owners for sticking by their product any more than I
do owners of other equipments. I do think the Ten-Tec Corsair-2, though
old, is the best rig I have ever used. But, I think the Ten-Tec Scout is
one of the worst.

I don't take issue with anyone on any of the reflectors for feeling the way
they do. I enjoy reading all the opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

Hey, its a hobby. I have been a ham for 57 years, and I will continue to
enjoy it as long as I can laugh and disagree in good humor. I may not like
the same car you like, but I can still like you. So, I will stay on the
Ten-Tec reflector, stay here, and enjoy them all.

Enjoy life and don't take it so seriously....

Jim, K5ROV

At 04:48 AM 10/19/97 +0000, jsjones wrote:
>    I just recieved some childish response from a  ham named Chris Robson
>who didn't like the fact or the thought that someone  besides Ten Tec can
>build a quality product for amateur radio. This was in  resposne to the
>constant slaming I get from the Ten Tec reflector and a small  handfull of
>idiots over there who think that the QST review of the fine Omni VI  plus
>was biased and was not fair. It is one of the reasons I enjoy the reviews
>done in QST being that they tell it like it is like it or not and some
>people  especially that group can't stand it. I have owned Ten Tec and
>every kind of  equipment made and currently use the fine FT1000/D and after
>a side by side  comparrison found the Omni VI plus to be no better and like
>QST had a problem  right out of the box with the rig so the FT1000 still
>sets in the operating  position were thank the good Lord has been for the
>last 4 years. I am very  thankfull to live in a country were I still have
>freedom of choice to buy  whatever equipment I like but if it was left up
>to the Techies the only choice  would be Ten Tec. I have enjoyed this
>reflector very much and I am glad that the  hams here overall enjoy Yaesu
>gear without the constant attacks and childish  remarks made about other
>equipment as in my radio is better than your radio.  Thank goodness there
>is alot of great gear out there to choose from good and  bad, new and old.
>By the way I would love to hear from some users of the new  FT920 and what
>you think as this radio did not get a good report from QST either  in some
>areas but I have not seen anybody crying about it yet like the are about
>the truthfull review QST just did on their unbeatable Omni VI plus. 73,
>DE-KS4HK, Steve

James (Jim), Parsons, K5ROV USAF, Ret.
k5rov@worldnet.att.net   QCWA, NWQRP, Fists, ARRL
EX: W1RLA, K5FBB, K4FEO, SV0WN (CRETE), SV0WN (RHODES),
DL4NC, DL4JP, KA2FC (JAPAN), KA2JP (JAPAN).
JOHN 3:16