[Yaesu] FT-900

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-900
From: kl7fm@yahoo.com (Robert Norgard)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 13:04:48 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has heard of the problem in an FT-900 where,
during power-up, the rig seems to hang up.  The display comes on at
half-brightness.  It's like it does not complete the power-up
sequence.  Pushing the "Power" button turns it off again.  Upon trying
it again, it works fine.  Does not happen very often.  Have had rig
about 18 months.  Using very stiff 13.8 volt supply.

Next, the noise blanker seems to work excellent for some types of
noise (extremely short spikes).  But not at all for 95 percent of the
rest of common noise.  I heard of a mod for this, but it was for
earlier units.  I checked the schematic on mine, and it shows the
resistance change.  Don't remember what R- it was as I lost that note.
 Is there any other info on this?

Thanks to all, and Merry Christmas.

-- Bob Norgard, KL7FM