[Yaesu] FT-1000MP TX EDSP settings

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP TX EDSP settings
From: morel.grunberg@telrad.co.il (Morel Grunberg)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:10:46 +0200
I would like to improve and tailor as much as possible the TX
audio quality on my FT-1000MP. I have a Heil broad cartridge HC-5,
a Yaesu desktop MD-100A8X mic and a classic Shure 444 mic. The
audio tailoring tests are very laborious and time consuming; sometimes
the monitor it's not enough and it's quite difficult to find a qualified
partner
with patience and enough knowledge to help you in on-air audio tests.
Due to large number of settings combinations, I can't say I've found yet
real satisfying set of  settings. Despite the MP audio tailoring
possibilities,
I still have a better, cleaner and more equilibrated modulation with my
3 yrs old FT-1000D ( with same microphones ).

If you own a FT-1000MP, I would like to know what are your personalized
TX EDSP settings :

* Menu 4-4 : TX audio EDSP equalizer ( off/1/2/3/4 )

* Menu 5-9 : TX EDSP BPF filter ( 6KHz / 2KHz )

* Menu 7-7 : EDSP modulation SSB TX BPF ( 100-3100 / 150-3100 /
  200- 3100 / 300-3100Hz / off ). By the way what's the audio response
  on Off position ?

* Please specify what microphone are you using.

* If it's a Yaesu desktop MD-100A8X, what are the low cut and high cut
settings on microphone stand switches ?

* What is your TX LSB/USB carrier offset setting ?

* What is your processor LSB/USB offset setting ?

* Very subjective question: how  your parteners are usually
caracterizing
  your audio quality: OK/ very good/ outstanding  ?

 Thank you in advance for taking time to check your settings and answer
to my questions.

73 de Morel, 4X1AD