[Yaesu] FT101E problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT101E problem
From: silver@ax.apc.org (PT2HO (also PY1CAS))
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 17:37:17 -0300
At 16:31 17/04/98 -0300, you wrote:

>>Dear friends,
>>
>>My FT101E has a very strange problem. The transceiver can deliver only 3w
>>to the antenna when you try to operate "SSB" on 15 meter, however CW and AM
>>are OK (about 100W output). On The other bands this problem doesn't exist.
>>Any ideas???
>

>I have had 101's in the past where the TANK coil has had a shorted turn in
>it....
>This might be a place to look.. That is if the plate current is up on 15,
>but if not check alignment of driver coils

Graham,

The radios does deliver full power on 15 (CW/TUNE/AM modes) however If I
change the mode switch to LSB/USB the radio is able to run only 3W. I don't
understand much of electronics but If the TANK coil were shortned the radio
would not work with full power, is that right?

BTW, thanks for replying. Have a nice weekend - I just have internet access
at work :)!

73,

Carlos
PT2HO