[Yaesu] CAT Control Problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] CAT Control Problem
From: Jack Trampler - N2JT" <n2jt@fast.net (Jack Trampler - N2JT)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 10:42:39 -0400

Larry,

I had the same problem.  I replaced the Q5006 the RS-232 interface and the
CAT works fine now.  The chip is a Maxim MAX232CWE.  At the very least you
will need a stationary magnifying glass or jewelers eyeloop, a thin pencil
soldering iron and patience.  The entire job took less than an hour.

73,
Jack - N2JT
n2jt@fast.net