[Yaesu] Band crystal in FTdx400/560 transceiver?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Band crystal in FTdx400/560 transceiver?
From: dgf@netcom.com (David Feldman)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
I have a FTdx560 (very similar to FTdx400) whose 15M operation is dead.
I have tracked the problem down to the band crystal. I tried injecting
the necessary frequency (26.72 MHz) into the rig's oscillator and the
rig came to life; I tested the bandswitch contacts and there was
continuity to the crystal. Therefore, I really think the xtal is the
problem.

Anyway, I would like to find out what the technical parameters are for
the crystal before I order a replacement. If someone has a parting-out
FT400/FT560 and could take out the xtal, that would solve my need too.

Yaesu I'm afraid has long since forgotten about the rig, and could not
help here.

73 Dave WB0GAZ dgf@netcom.com