[Yaesu] FT2400 - Fix

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT2400 - Fix
From: ve5sf@sk.sympatico.ca (Sam Ferris)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:17:24 -0700
Wanted to report what appears to be a potential construction fault for
the benefit of anyone that may have experienced problems with poor
receive sensitivity and low output power on a Yaesu FT-2400 mobile 2 m
rig.

I experienced both of these problems simultaneously but the problem
seemed to come and go from time to time and it may have been related to
outside temperature.  On inspecting the radio I was able to determine
that the solder joint between the SO-239 and PC board had failed and
caused the problem.  Oddly, in my radio, there was no bridging wire
between the SO-239 and PC board, only a solder joint which spanned a 1/16
inch gap which strikes me as a potential weak point if common to all
radios.

Hope this helps someone that may have experienced a similar problem.

Sam

VE5SF