[Yaesu] Another DSP-59Y Question.

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Another DSP-59Y Question.
From: WmLB@prefer.net (Bill Brannick)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:14:50 -0800
I have received my unit from Great River and look forward to hooking
this lil' puppy up this evening.

I will be using the "Line Out" jack on the unit to feed the "audio-in"
on the Kam Plus. My question is regarding the need to hook up a PTT
line from the FT-990 to the DSP-59Y. If I understand the manual
correctly, the PTT input to the DSP-59Y is required for transceivers
that do not fully mute "receive" when transmitting. I think the 990
does just that. Out of curiosity I looked at the PTT line (at the RTTY
connection on the 990). There is more then just a simple open-short
situation between PTT and Ground when transmitting or not. There is a
small amount of DC voltage there.  I am hesitant to run this into the
DSP-59Y, especially when it may not even be needed.

Any comments will be appreciated.
=====
Bill Brannick
ARS: KN6FJ