[Yaesu] FT-1000

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000
From: wa3gin@erols.com (Dave Jordan)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 18:37:34 -0500

HI folks,

First message on this reflector...

My FT-1000 is no longer holding tuner settings. Could this be associated
with the
internal battery back-up? What else would cause this problem?

Thanks,
dave

p.s. On the FT-7000. Just bought one...the fella that had it rewired it
from 220 to 117.
       He mistakenly reversed the neutral and hot leads in the 117 plug.
He tested it. It
       looked fine. When we got it home it wouldn't fire up. Called
Yaesu and they sold
       us a new Power On relay and 27ohm resistor. Those were OK, it
turned out to
       be the 10ohm 5wt resistor in series with the On switch lead.
Works fine now.