[Yaesu] FT-900 NB Mod

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-900 NB Mod
From: dgmaley@soli.inav.net (David G. Maley)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:14:24 -0500 (CDT)
Patrick;
Yes; the resistor value can be anywhere within the specified range.
You will need to test select the value for your radio.  I ended up
using a 9.6K in mine.  Others may be a different value.
The location is on the receiver board.  It is a surface-mount
resistor on the bottom of the board.  Not an easy job getting
to.  You will need surface mount tools go work with it.  If you
dont have a chip resistor assortment, an 1/8 watt resistor can
be CAREFULLY placed in the same location.  Plan on spending
a couple of hours, at lest, completing the job. Don't rush it.
A service manual is recommended. it details how to gain access
and the exact location of the resistor.  Follow the instructions,
spaces are small.  These are the kind of projects the made me
wear glasses now <grin>.  Good Luck.
Dave   WA0ZZG