[Yaesu] Re: FT-100 Impressions

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: FT-100 Impressions
From: morawski@mitre.org (Paul Morawski)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:16:03 -0400
All -

I recently purchased an FT-100 to replace the Ten Tec Delta II
I use on island expeditions to NA-083.  While it's "not a Ten Tec" with
regard to its QSK, the RX is very nice for CW, especially with
the 500/300 Hz filters and the awesome DSP BPF for CW.

Reliability?  Don't know -- I've only used it for 20 hours so
far.  I'll find out tomorrow during the annual IOTA contest.

After reading some of the negative comments on this reflector
I ask myself how many of the posters have actually used one.
So far, I'm very impressed.

Paul Morawski, AA3DD
morawski@mitre.org

P.S.  I'll be on 20M and 40M CW this evening aroung 0000Z if anyone
needs a QSL from NA-083.