[Yaesu] RIT Function?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RIT Function?
From: hfshack@hotmail.com (Geos Major)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 07:14:09 EDT
Model? Series? Factory updates? -73

----Original Message Follows----
From: Bob Patten <n4bp@bc.seflin.org>
To: Yaesu Reflector <yaesu@contesting.com>
CC: Tom Hammond <n0ss@earthlink.net>
To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 03:34:21 -0400 (EDT)

I recall several people having intermittant problems with the RIT control
(jumping freq during rotation).  Mine exhibits the problem slightly, but
has not been troublesome enough to worry about replacing it.
I also seem to recall that some people had limited success with cleaning
the control.  My question is:  What kind of control is it and how does
the circuit function?  Is the control some sort of potentiometer or
an optical encoder.  My recollection here is that several people
described it as a pot.  Can anyone here give me a description of how the
RIT circuit works??  All I can determine from the schematics is that the
three legged control's common connect to a 5V bus and the A & B legs go
to a device on the CNTL-UNIT labelled "FQ7927".

           73,
                                   ,'' '',
      Bob Patten, N4BP              ( 0 0 )               Plantation, FL

                          E-Mail: n4bp@bc.seflin.org
                      Web Page: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
                      Brass Pounder BBS: (954) 472-7715
                           SOC #1       Whiners #6