[Yaesu] Problem in ATU of FT1000D

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Problem in ATU of FT1000D
From: kartys@ncs.gov (Karty, Steven)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:53:55 -0500
Vince,

I just repeated what one of the technicians at Yaesu told me about 9 years
ago:  According to him, there are two lithium batteries inside the FT-1000.
One is inside the antenna tuner, and it's supposed to be extremely difficult
to change.  I agree that it's not shown on the schematic diagram, and I
can't find it mentioned in any technical documentation either.  That's why
I'm very interested in what you find, because my lithium batteries will
eventually go bad too.

73, Steven - N5SK