[Yaesu] More 1000D 250 Hz filter questions

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] More 1000D 250 Hz filter questions
From: k0gu@hotmail.com (Jay Kesterson)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 02:20:08
  Installed the 250 Hz INRAD 2nd IF filter I didn't really need :-). Noted
on both the INRAD and Yaesu 250 Hz filter that when it rolls off out of the
passband there is still some signal detectable for 1 kHz plus past the
filter skirt. If I turn the marker on I still hear it well after the filter
has rolled off. Is this typical?? I don't notice this with the pair of 500
Hz filters so perhaps the 455 kHz filter is needed to take the signal all
the way out??

  Seems to me there was a discussion once about the 1000 using the 3rd IF
SSB filter when the radio has the 250 Hz position selected with no 250 Hz
3rd IF filter installed?? And there was an easy mod to make it use the 500
Hz 3rd IF filter instead?? Been a long time, any details??

Thanks,

73,  Jay  K0GU