[Yaesu] FT-100D main knob

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-100D main knob
From: wfair@comportco.com (Walt Fair)
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 19:41:44 -0400
Hello an Happy New Year,

I have an FT-100D about 4 months old. It works fine and I love the little
rig, but the main tuning knob seems to be getting progressivelt looser and
is wobbling around noticeably. The rig still works fine, but I'd like to
tighten the knob up before it falls off. Has anyone run into that problem?
If so, how does one go about tightening the thing?

Alsi I noticed that the right side of the rig seems to get very hot to the
touch when operating on the HF bands. Is that normal? So far, no problems,
but I'd rather check before than after something goes! I'm currently in
YV-land, so shipping it to get if fixed isn't an easy option.

Thanks for any advice.

Walt
KE5WJ