[Yaesu] Intermintent FT-5100 UHF PA

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Intermintent FT-5100 UHF PA
From: n0nb@networksplus.net (Nate Bargmann)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:07:38 -0600
Hi all.

My FT-5100's UHF PA has been acting strange of late.  The power output
is intermintent going from full power in either high or low setting to
about 250mW on the next transmission.  Since it will do 30+ Watts out,
I'm assuming the PA module is in good working order.  So, I'm suspecting
the problem may be in the control pots of VRs 1001, 1002, and 1003 as
they may be dirty.

I would most appreciate help from anyone who has a service manual who
is willing to  help me troubleshoot this thing a little closer and
provide the realignment procedure for the PA.

Thanks!

73, de Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and