[Yaesu] FT-847 Memory Scanning

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-847 Memory Scanning
From: kk7a@sailidaho.com (Jim)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:08:50 -0600
I am having a problem with scanning in the FT-847.   What I am seeing is that
on the 2 meter band, the scanner will go from channel to channel but will not
stop even with a signal present.  I have some 70 cm frequencies in it as well
and it stops on those just fine.  The signals are plenty strong, breaking the
squelch just fine, but the scanner will not stop.  All used memory channels are
set to FM as far as the mode.

Any ideas on a solution?  Of course, it is out of warranty.

Thanks, Jim - KK7A