[Yaesu] FT-1000D AF out sidetone

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D AF out sidetone
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:39:07 -0500

I thought I would cleanse the operatkng desk by taking the audio out of
the speaker jack on the back - that way no plug sticking out of the rig
in fron - then I found I had no control over the seidetone (moni)
level... boy, I sure was loud!

My solution was to but some streamlined right angle stereo adpators from
Radio Shack, they are molded and rather sleek - plu this allowed me to
keep my mini plug which was in the speaker jack on the back....

Now I can go through a weekend without resulting deafness again... as
the post states however if there were an EASY modification to allow all
this to be done from the jack on the back I would prefer doing that in
order to eliminate the plug which of course is right next to the drive
control and hence in the way.

Jim, K4OJ