[Yaesu] CAT interface FT 1000 rom v.5.84, help pse.

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] CAT interface FT 1000 rom v.5.84, help pse.
From: ic8pof@arrl.net (Phil)
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 20:02:34 +0100
HI All, I wonder if the CAT interface of my FT1000 works good via the MAX232
homebrew project taken from the 2001 ARRL handbook ?
I have mounted it and:
a) the cat signal glows from time to time for some seconds then disappears ( no
intermittent blinkings as on the MP)
b) no tuning via the shift key within the N6TR logging program, just changes
the xmit frequency (split mode) with some delay.
b2) no band change
c) baud rate seems to work on 4800. Other slower rates no! The com port is ok ,
tried it with a 1000MP.
d) the tuning knob seems to be blocked when the CAT signal lights on, but the
RX is active.
e) powering it off the rig is again operative.
I have also tried to change the pinout either pc side and rig side. Only one
setup seems to respond with the max232 interface.
Do you have any suggestion.
Thanks es 73 de Phil IC8POF