[Yaesu] Re: FT-1000D AF OUT sidetone

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: FT-1000D AF OUT sidetone
From: w6ya@cox.net (Jim McCook)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 00:00:55 +0000
It looks like Riki is using the speaker output, which is monoural.  I am
looking to get audio from the AF OUT jack in order to maintain dual
receive function in the headset.

By using the speaker output on back of the radio, you forfeit the use of
the headset with dual channel capability.  With stereo headset plugged
in, the speaker output is disabled.  With something plugged into the
speaker output, the internal speaker is disabled.  The last feature of
this radio I would ever give up is stereo receive ability, and know of
no way to maintain it by using the speaker output.  Superimposing both
channels is just not an option for me.

On the other hand, if the AF OUT is used, a constant audio level is
available there on both channels.  It just doesn't have sidetone on the
MAIN VFO channel.  You can still use the PHONES output, with two channel
output.

So, back to the original question.  How do we get a sidetone at the AF
OUT jack (not the EXT SPEAKER).

73, Jim
W6YA