[Yaesu] Alpha 89 QSK cable

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Alpha 89 QSK cable
From: n5pe@sbcglobal.net (Jerry)
Date: Fri Apr 25 10:40:08 2003
I am sure I could find the answer to this question in the archives but I
have found no way to do a search on it.  If anyone knows how to do it
please let me know.

I just purchased a Alpha 89.  There seems to be a difference of opinion
on cabling.  The previous owner, who did not work CW, says to just hook
up the RCA cable to key the amp.  On a Alpha amps web page
www.alpha-amps.com/html/yaesu.htm they recommend using the band data
connector.   I will be using it on CW and VOX.  One of the reasons I
bought the Alpha 89 was the pin diode QSK.  Any help on this?
Jerry
N5PE