Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP poor monitor audio

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP poor monitor audio
From: "Billy Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:16:38 -0500
>I have the very latest model of FT1000MP. Now that all other
>problems I have had with it, has been removed, I got a new one.

>It is very poor audio in 15meters when the moni button is
>pushed on. Both cw and ssb seems to bee the same.

By latest model ... is this really a MP or a Field?

It it's a MP <original> ... then it sounds like the old problem
of the internal grounding needing some work. There was a
Field Bulletin about this for the EARLY MPs ...

The other possibility ... is the external grounding there in the
shack ... Does this happen into a Dummy Load? What  IF
all the other wiring <PC, RTTY, whatever> is disconnected?
Then does the problem become better or worse?

Lots of things this could be ... hope this helps ...

73 Billy AA4NU