Re: [Yaesu] VX-2R & VX-7R Features & Interoperability?

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] VX-2R & VX-7R Features & Interoperability?
From: edoc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:12:52 -0500
I have one question answered, the rest remain open for your input ...
I thought others might benefit from the answers as I receive them:

Can anyone clarify these questions about the VX-2R & VX-7R, please?

1. Are the speaker mics interchangeable between the HTs?

2.  May the SU-1 Barometric Pressure Sensor be manually calibrated
against another source or is it a rough estimate and no provision
made to calibrate it from time to time?

3.  What are the feature and voice-quality differences between
the CMP-460A waterproof and MH-57A4B speaker mics?

4.  Are the black and silver versions of the VX-7R made of the same
materials with the only difference black paint on the black version?

5.  May the memory data programmed into the VX-7R be transferred into
the VX-2R, and visa versa?  (Either directly through the cloning
cable or indirectly via a common software app.)

From a private E-mail to me: You can't directly clone (they use different protocols) but if you use the VX-? commander software <http://www.qsl.net/kc8unj/> you can export the list of freqs to a CSV file, then import it in the other program.

6.  Is there a functional difference between the CT-44 and the CT-91
mic adapters or just a different form factor?

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e