Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT 101 Tunes up, but wont transmit

To: Yaesu <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT 101 Tunes up, but wont transmit
From: GGLL <nagato@arnet.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:42:47 -0300
Well, at least final tubes are ok; try a different microphone first. For what you measured, I think yours is a high impedance mic, a low impedance dynamic mic followed by a step up transformer, is there any inside the mike?. Is the same with USB also?. Receiving is fine?
ALC reading is ok, it starts at full deflection withou modulation, then as you increase mic gain enough, deflection decrease in proportion, take care to stay within the green scale. Just to verify, check the 60 mA idle current at meter switch IC position, in SSB mode and without modulation.

Good luck
Guillermo - LU8EYW.

bigtpranch@aol.com wrote:

I just purchased a Yaesu FT 101EE after getting my General license , twenty years after getting my novice ticket so I am learning alot of new things that werent required when operating my little Heath HW 8. I carefully studied the manual, and tuned the transmitter into a dummy load prior to my first attempt at a phone contact. After switching to LSB (on 40 m band) I attempted to set the mic gain, per the manual, but there was no change in the ALC meter regardless of the gain setting (it jumped to near full deflection and stayed there with the mic keyed). No output into the dummy load was seen. ( It did load up the dummy load when in tune mode). Would anyone have an idea where to look for a problem? I've checked the mic with an ohmmeter, I have about 40 ohms at the element and around 1200 ohms at the plug. Thanks for the help.

Yaesu mailing list
Yaesu@contesting.com