[Yaesu] MARS/CAP mod

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] MARS/CAP mod
From: "Brad Hedges" <bhedges@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:42:08 -0400
There is a menu change which by itself tells the radio to be able to
transmit, but you have to go in and move one resistor to a different
location. This website:

Says you only have to alter it in the menu, but that does not jive with
other reports I've seen. Haven't done it myself, can't offer any personal
experience, although I do have a friend locally who did, but I do not have
the details.

Good luck

> From: "John Peters" <petersj007@hawaii.rr.com>
> Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP MkV
> Message: 7
> What is the correct menu setting procedure for a MARS Member to use to =
> allow the radio to transmit on the GEN Frequencies?  To turn off the =
> disable outside the ham frequencies.
> MARS utilizes a wide range of DoD Frequencies. Some very near and some =
> far from the ham bands.  (And they let you run 5 kW on some of them.)  =
> Too bad the QSO don't count for DXCC :-)
> Aloha

Yaesu mailing list