Re: [Yaesu] Ft-1000

To: "'ARS NZ3O (Byron) FM29fx'" <NZ3O@ARRL.NET>,<yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Ft-1000
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:48:21 -0500
NZ3O, Byron writes:

> That's weird.  Mine doesn't work that way.  Although I know there
> is a sync of CPU between the two, I sometimes leave the sub on
> the wrong band and it still hears (split, you know) when I move to
> a new band and work someone else.  What am I missing?

The receiver bandpass filters do not have infinite rejection and
they tend to have better rejection above the operating band than
below.  Thus, with all of the FT-1000 series it is often possible
to hear on the next lower band, e.g., to hear signals on 20 with
the subreceiver when the main receiver is tuned to 15.  Further,
the receiver bandpass filters are roughly half octave filters so
the same filter may be used on 20/30 meters, 15/17 meters, and
10/23 meters ... in those cases one could listen to both bands
at the same time (note, I have not confirmed the common bands).

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK