[Yaesu] Help for Flashing VFO Display on FT-920

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Help for Flashing VFO Display on FT-920
From: "Tony Heatwole" <tony@ajheatwole.com>
Date: 01 Jul 2005 11:57:23 -0700
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 14:56:58 -0400
My Yaesu FT-920 occasionally goes into a mode where the VFO1
frequency display flashes on and off about once per second.
A power off-on sequence sometimes clears it, but usually it
doesn't. A reset doesn't clear the condition either. While
it's in this mode the receive audio output drops to just a
low-level noise. After a while this condition seems to clear
itself for no apparent reason.

Any ideas on what causes this or how I can clear it?

Thanks,

Tony Heatwole, N3FX