Re: [Yaesu] Fw: [CTDXCC] Antenna Tuner Problem??

To: "'Gary Smith'" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Fw: [CTDXCC] Antenna Tuner Problem??
From: "N5IET Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:36:48 -0500
Just got off the phone with Yaesu, what a great bunch of
guys, I have a set of procedures he asked me to follow.
Once done I am to call them back.

Bottom line he said "this is not going to a biggie" we'll
find it.

 73 fer nw,
Bob N5IET

(old calls KE5CTY - WB5ZQU - WY5L)
10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
http://www.qsl.net/ke5cty/
Code may be taking a back seat for now,
but the pioneering spirit that put the code
there in the first place is out front of it all.

Problem??

> What does Yaesu have to say about this?  maybe a mod kit
or
> fix? 73 Gary...wa6fgi
>
> N5IET Bob wrote:
> > Thanks John:
> >
> > I am on the 920 group, but they really have not been a
> > whole lot of help with this issue. It seems they may
not
> > know much, I was hoping one of you guys had
experienced it
> before. I
> > can't find a pdf service manual anywhere either.
> >
> > Oh well onward and upward.
> >
> >  73 fer nw,
> > Bob N5IET
> >
> > (old calls KE5CTY - WB5ZQU - WY5L)
> > 10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
> > http://www.qsl.net/ke5cty/
> > Code may be taking a back seat for now,
> > but the pioneering spirit that put the code
> > there in the first place is out front of it all.

John

> > Wagner
> >
> >>Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 7:39 AM
> >>To: 'Robert Pack (NX5M)'; Yaesu@contesting.com
> >>Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Fw: [CTDXCC] Antenna Tuner
> >
> > Problem??
> >

> >>I would suggest going to the Yahoo Groups and then the
> >
> > 920
> >
> >>group. There has been a lot of discussion there about
> >
> > the
> >
> >>tuner needing to be reset and the low power issue. I'm
> >
> > sorry
> >
> >>I don't have al link. It's on my home PC. I will post
it

<ctdxcc@kkn.net>
> >>Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:02 PM
> >>Subject: [CTDXCC] Antenna Tuner Problem??
> >>

> >>I just bought a new (used) FT-920 S/N 980108C and it
> >>receives beautifully but seems my SWR is better
without
> >>the Auto tuner inline.
> >>
> >>I wish there was a way to make it forget any memorized
> >>stuff that the previous owner might have put into it
for
> >>his specific setup. I have already checked the menus
as
> >>you will see later on and have soft erased and written
> >>over the Q MEMS AND MEMORY BANK with new data.
> >>
> >>At times with the tuner inline it acts like it is
having

> >>problem tuning the antenna system to resonance. But
> >
> > either
> >
> >>way (with or without an indicated low SWR) I have low
> >
> > power
> >
> >>output on all bands.
> >>
> >>For some reason it tells me HIGH SWR but will
eventually
> >>tune the frequency if I play with it enough. Then at
> >
> > times
> >
> >>it seems to tune it and then JUMPS all the way to the
> >>right.
> >>
> >>I just had this same Antenna system hooked up to an
> >
> > IC-728
> >
> >>with the AT-160 AutoTuner and it would bring it into
1:1 almost
> >>immediately and full power output with no over heating
at 100% duty
> >>cycle on PSK.
> >>
> >>With the new FT-920 setup it takes a while for it to
> >
> > bring
> >
> >>it into 1:1 if it even does.
> >>
> >>But whether it does or not the power output is still
> >
> > low.
> >
> >>MAX POWER OUTPUT I have out is 75W on 40 and 80. On 20
> >
> > it
> >
> >>is about 50W and above 20 it deteriorates to 5W-10W.
Do