[Yaesu] Mute for Mark V or original MP?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Mute for Mark V or original MP?
From: <cwguy@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 2:26:51 -0500
I am new to the Yaesu world, having come over (at least
for now) from Tentec gear. A feature of the Tentec OmniVI
is its MUTE input on the back panel. This functions to
MUTE the RX and does so by putting the T/R relay (a reed
relay for QSK!) into Transmit position but does NOT enable
TX in any mode. Basically, the xcvr sits there unable to hear
and protected from any signals on the incoming coax line.

My question, of course, is if that feature is available in
any way on the MP series? A nominal perusal of the Mark V
manual says NO. Does anyone know otherwise?

I would use this feature to implement a poor man's SO2R
using the TX enable from the transmitting rig to MUTE
the 2nd rig thus protecting it. No filters or coax stubs
required, etc.

73  Allan K7GT
SW Oregon