Re: [Yaesu] Ft1kMP loss of receive gain

To: "'G3SJJ'" <g3sjj@btinternet.com>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Ft1kMP loss of receive gain
From: "Tyler Stewart" <k3mm@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:50:05 -0500
Is it frequency dependent?  A good check is find the points where it rolls
over to the next bandpass filter and see if the sensitivity drop
appreciably.  All my problems have been confined to the HPF and RF units.

I assume you have tweaked the RF Gain in the hidden menu?  I usually have
mine set to around 14, but it is somewhat radio dependent.

You can bypass the HPF board to eliminate it by using the RX In port instead
of the antenna jack.

Do you have the service manual?

Ty K3MM