[Yaesu] FT-1000D Audio Distortion

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D Audio Distortion
From: "Jeff Weinberg W8CQ" <w8cqjeff@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:05:16 -0400
Hi Everyone,
My FT-1000D has recently developed a problem with the received audio.
Sometimes the audio coming from the external speaker gets distorted, especially
with strong signals.  This distortion comes and goes, but seems to be getting
more consistent.

It sounds like RF on transmitted audio, but it is on the received audio.  The
audio from the speaker is garbled, distorted and very "rough around the edges".
 Has anyone heard of this problem or have any ideas?  I thought it might be a
NB problem or a problem in the audio driver stage.  Will the NB mod cure this
problem?  It has never done this since I bought it new so I am not sure if the
mod will help or not.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Weinberg  W8CQ