Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Rx Jack Isolation

To: <jcowens1@comcast.net>, "Yeasu Reflector" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Rx Jack Isolation
From: "G4GED Dave" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:49:10 -0000
From: <jcowens1@comcast.net>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP Rx Jack Isolation
> I am wanting to transmit high power to an Inverted L on 160M on the A
> Connector while receiving on a separate anternna connecterd to the Rx jack
> on the same band. >

John,
This question has arisen before on this or some other Reflector.
I thought the consensus of opinion was that the RX Only port was either
disconnected or earthed during Transmit.
It would be nice if someone fully knowledgible could catagorically confirm
this please?

Anyway, I've been using the RX only port on my FT-1000MP to various co-sited
RX antennas whilst transmitting high power on 160m to an Inv L for the past
5 years without any problems. (Hope I'm not tempting providence!)

73 Dave