[Yaesu] FT920 Problems

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT920 Problems
From: "Bry Carling" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 16:15:20 -0500
Hi guys,

I have a Yaesu FT920 that has low RF power output.
Seems like I can only get 1 watt or so out of it in any mode.

Before I go troubleshooting or looking for a repair facility, I wonder
if maybe there is anything I could have overlooked in how I have
it set  up?  I am using a dipole with a Palstar Tuner and I am not
using the internal tuner. The SWR is 1:1

Also, of course, the "RF POWER" knob is turned up all the way.

Is there anything that I might be forgetting that could be set
wrong to cause this?

I am going to check the MENU for the port settings for each antenna
and see if the power is set low. Maybe do a RESET of the system.

I have about 1 amp into the radio on receive and about 5 amps
on transmit. On certain bands and with certain settings, I seem to
get a little more power out.

Have others seen this problem, and what did you do to fix it?

Regards - Brian, AF4K